The fiscal year (FY) 2021 application round for the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund's (CDFI Fund) Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI Program) and Native American CDFI Assistance Program (NACA Program) closed on May 3, 2021.
At this time, it is expected that the Technical Assistance (TA) awards and Financial Assistance (FA) awards will be announced separately. The CDFI Fund anticipates announcing the FY 2021 TA awards before September 30, 2021 and the FA awards before December 31, 2021.
In total, 674 organizations from across the country requested a combined level of $565.3 million in awards which is nearly three times the amount of available funding.
- 420 organizations requested $366.1 million in CDFI Program Base-Financial Assistance (Base-FA) awards.
- 205 organizations requested $25.5 million in CDFI Program Technical Assistance (TA) awards.
- 189 organizations requested $56.2 million in CDFI Program Persistent Poverty County-Financial Assistance (PPC-FA) awards.
- 27 organizations requested $22.8 million in NACA Program Base-FA awards.
- 22 organizations requested $3.25 million in NACA Program TA awards.
- 15 organizations requested $3.9 million in NACA Program PPC-FA awards.
- 24 organizations requested $10.9 million in Disability Funds-Financial Assistance (DF-FA) awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- 26 organizations requested $76.6 million in Healthy Food Financing Initiative-Financial Assistance (HFFI-FA) awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
Pursuant to the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (P.L. 116-260), Congress appropriated $204.5 million for the CDFI Fund to support the following programs:
- $140.2 million in CDFI Program Base-FA and TA awards.
- $18.8 million in CDFI Program PPC-FA awards.
- $14.9 million in NACA Program Base-FA and TA awards.
- $1.6 million in NACA Program PPC-FA awards.
- $6 million for DF-FA awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
- $23 million for HFFI-FA awards (CDFI Program and NACA Program combined).
Nationwide, the FY 2021 CDFI Program and NACA Program applicants are headquartered in 47 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, the CDFI Program received 61 applications from organizations headquartered in the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico.
* Since organizations may apply for more than one type of award, the number of applications by program exceeds the total number of applicants.
Stay in Touch
Sign up to receive news and important information.